Post-Election Book to Be Released Tuesday
January 10th, 2013
The University of Virginia Center for Politics is pleased to announce that our post-election book, Barack Obama and the New America: The 2012 Election and the Changing Face of Politics, will be released next Tuesday, Jan. 15.
To order the book — which is published by Rowman and Littlefield — click here.
Center for Politics Director Larry J. Sabato has brought together top journalists and academics from across the political spectrum to examine every facet of the 2012 election, and what its outcome will mean for the nation moving forward. In frank, accessible prose, each author offers insight that goes beyond the headlines, and dives into the underlying forces and shifts that drove the election from its earliest developments to its dramatic conclusion.
This book features contributions from:
– Alan Abramowitz, Crystal Ball Senior Columnist
– Diana Owen, Georgetown University
– Geoffrey Skelley, U.Va. Center for Politics
– Jamelle Bouie, The American Prospect
– James Campbell, SUNY-Buffalo
– Kyle Kondik, U.Va. Center for Politics
– Michael Toner, former FEC chairman
– Nate Cohn, The New Republic
– Rhodes Cook, Crystal Ball Senior Columnist
– Robert Costa, National Review
– Sean Trende, RealClearPolitics
– Susan MacManus, University of South Florida